Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles:||Place Name Summary (PNS) 3/01|
|Abstract:||Tukurru-wodlingga (Tukuru-wardlingga in our New Spelling) is a Kaurna name recorded in early 1839 as ‘Too-cu-ru-wer-lin-ga’, and referring to something on or near the Sturt River at today’s Glengowrie, on Section 173. It was probably not a traditional permanent place-name but a temporary descriptor referring to some kind of European dwelling erected by the first surveyors during 1839: most likely bell tents.|
South Australia geography
Kaurna Warra Pintyandi
|Appears in Collections:||Southern Kaurna Place Names Essays|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.